Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Universidad de Deusto


The first day of class Oscar went with me and showed me the ropes for getting to school and back via bus. I'm not going to lie, I woke up thinking what have I gotten myself into. I was very nervous the entire morning. Having someone help me find my way to school definitely helped relieve some of the stress, now I know the way like the back of my hand--it's only about a 10 min bus ride. (But don't ask me to get you anywhere besides school and back via bus from where I live, the metro or walking is much better in my eyes anywhere else:)) My university is right across the river from the Guggenheim Museum = very awesome. The school is huge, but we only have classes in one of the wings. On our first day we met in the auditorium and they introduced the staff and talked to us in English and made us feel welcome. Chrissy, James, Ashlyn, Linden and I all stuck together since we were all from GVSU, and there is where we met another good friend Cait. After introductions they took us to a lunch in a nice hotel and gave us a quick tour of Bilbao. Good news is that evening I found my way back via bus, and was definitely relieved. It is quite an experience to be in a new environment, new country, culture, and living somewhere brand new. And getting home is always a good thing :)
On Jan. 13th we met again at the university and had a tour of it. I still need to post those pictures on facebook I believe...
On Thursday, Jan. 14th we had our first excursion to the historical towns of Biscay. And it rained like you wouldn't believe for the entire day. We ended up staying on the bus and then having lunch at a restaurant. Not many pictures that day, just very cold and wet.
On Friday, Jan. 15 we had our first encounter with the Guggenheim Museum. Cait, Chrissy, Linden, Ashlyn, James and I walked around and saw the exhibition for Frank Lloyd Wright and also a variety of paintings from famous artists.
:) So it was a busy but great first week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment